MEMORY WALK A GREAT SUCCESS!

MEMORY WALK A GREAT SUCCESS!
Two Young Sisters Walk In Memory Of Their Baby Brother

NEXT MEETING DATE

Support Meetings Are Open To The General Public. Please Feel Free To Come And Share or Sit And Listen if You Have Lost A Child.

MEETINGS ARE NOW AVAILABLE TO ATTEND VIA SKYPE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE AN INVITE, PLEASE EMAIL CARA.

NEXT MEETING DATES:

GRIEF / LOSS SUPPORT - Wednesday, July 14th at 7pm in the Community Room at the Whiting Library in Chester, Vermont.

Facilitator: Cara Tyrrell - Email Me 117 Main St ~ Chester, VT 05143

***

PALS (Pregnancy or Parenting After Loss) : To make these meetings more accessible please contact Gretchen if you have a PALS related issue and she will organize a meeting in your area.

Facilitator: Gretchen Lunderville - Email Her

***

The Board of Directors next meeting is set for Wednesday, July 7th. If you have an agenda item please email cara.


Monday, January 12, 2009

A Born Leader

That is what everyone used to say to me. And - with good reason. I was born with leadership qualities!

  • I organized the library in my room in alphabetical order at 9 years old. Then created a pre-excel spreadsheet just in case you decided to check one out.
  • I was the kid all other kids nominated to do stuff (probably because they didn't want to do it themselves - but hey, I got a reputation)
  • I made my own Babysitter's Club Activity Travel Box. (ok maybe that is more nerdy than leadership)
  • I attended the Governer's Institute over the Summer!
  • I was the chosen state delegate for HOBY - (Hugh O'Brian's Youth Leadership Foundation) [Remember Wyatt Earp?]
  • Ect., ect., ect.

This not an excerpt from my resume, well at least not my current one, but a way to demonstrate that I have never feared leadership roles. I embraced them.

But tonight I am nervous. 48 hours from now I will be sitting in a room with other bereaved mothers facilitating a communication session that is supposed to make them feel like they accomplished something by coming. The optimal result is someone walking out the door thinking, This is something I am going to do for myself every month because I need to - because it feels good to sit with other people who know this kind of pain.

I read the guidbook. I copy and organize papers - packet for new participants, website information and literary resources. But, no amout of preparedness or strong-arming leadership will gain me that result.

It is time to have faith in the process, yet again. It is time to accept that whatever happens in that room, I can handle it.

A few words of encouragement wouldn't be discouraged. And, if you feel like feeding the "need-to-control" beast and have attended a Share meeting before, comment with your advice on what worked for you, what didn't, and what you always hoped to see in the future.

In grief and love (and faith!)

Cara

2 comments:

  1. I have never had the privilege to attend a Share meeting. I will be sending my love to you and reminding you to take deep breaths. Your journey is living proof, "You can handle it".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wishing you luck at your first meeting! I know you will do a wonderful job. You will have Emma by your side, helping you through!

    ReplyDelete

MEMORY BANDS ON SALE NOW!

MEMORY BANDS ON SALE NOW!

$3 EACH OR 4 / $10

$3 EACH OR 4 / $10
To Order Use SEE THE SIDEBAR